Interview with Us
Texas McCombs offers two types of interview options for roles that meet our recruiting requirements: System-Scheduled Interviews and Employer-Scheduled Interviews.
INTERVIEW WITH US
Texas McCombs offers two types of interview options for roles that meet our Recruiting Requirements: System-Scheduled Interviews and Employer-Scheduled Interviews.
Our recruiting system can assist you in creating your interview schedule when you plan in advance for a specific interview date.
- Request a schedule in the appropriate system including alternative recruiting date(s), position details, and schedule preferences (your Recruitment Account Manager can assist you).
- Students submit resumes/applications to position(s) they are interested in.
- Select candidates you’d like to invite to interview.
- Recruiting system facilitates the scheduling of time slots directly with students and sends you a completed interview schedule when the signup period is over.
- Digital convenience: everything in one place, including your company’s job postings, events, resumes, and schedules
- Time-saving: our system takes care of the scheduling and communication work
- Student-preferred: students are familiar with this process and like the pre-set deadlines and expectations
- Guided experience: our staff and system will guide you through every step
- For optimal student viewing time, we recommend submitting your request 5-7 weeks prior to your preferred interview date.
- Choose alternates to ensure a full interview schedule, in case an invited student declines your interview invitation for any reason.
- The system facilitates first-round interviews only. Final rounds are coordinated directly with students and are recommended to take place on Fridays due to fewer academic conflicts.
This is a great option if you prefer to contact and schedule candidates at your own pace or use your own scheduling platform.
- Post your job as a Resume Collection in the appropriate system.
- Choose to receive resumes on a rolling basis and/or at the end of the posting period. You may also request that candidates apply through your company-specific site or system.
- Schedule interviews directly with candidates at your convenience.
- Be as transparent as possible about your interview process and timeline. If you have a set interview date, include it at the top of your job description.
- Use our Job Description Guide to attract top candidates, and work with your Recruitment Account Manager to ensure maximum reach.
- Follow up with all applicants in a timely manner on their application status.
Build Competitive Compensation OffersEmployers have more success if the compensation they offer is comparable to historical salaries of the targeted student segment. View our salary statistics to see the numbers across programs.
Help Your Job Description Stand OutStand out from the crowd! A memorable job title and description are key to your recruiting success. View our job description guidelines for best practices that will help set your position apart from the rest.
Review All-Star Resume BooksSupplement your recruiting efforts with our searchable resume books in our systems. Talk to us about gaining access to our system and utilizing this online feature for targeted recruiting.
Attend a McCombs EventMcCombs hosts a number of events each year designed to help students connect with you. This is a vital part of branding your organization on campus and attracting top talent—be a part of the experience!