Host an Event
Texas McCombs offers employers the opportunity to host virtual or in-person informational events during certain weeks of each academic semester.
We are happy to work with you to host a McCombs-exclusive event or to promote an existing event through our recruiting systems.
Your Recruitment Account Manager can help you coordinate event options specific to your company:
Information Sessions and Workshops
Represent your company brand and present your organization to prospective candidates
- Typically one hour; held Monday-Wednesday evenings
- May be held virtually or in a classroom on campus
- Recommended for employers with a strong, existing presence on campus
- Presentation portion recommended to last no more than 30 minutes, followed by a Q&A session, networking or breakout groups
- Focus content on information not easily found online such as company culture, interview processes, specific roles and career paths
- Enhance participant engagement by including a virtual office tour, a panel discussion, or other instructive content
- In addition to recruiters, students value hearing from recent alumni and representatives currently in the roles being recruited
Dedicate time for one-on-one or small group conversations with prospective candidates to allow for in-depth conversations regarding recruiting, company culture, and more
- Typically held during the day over the span of a few hours
- 15- or 20-minute prescheduled time slots recommended
- 1:1 conversations recommended if possible, with the option for multiple employer representatives to host chats simultaneously
- Beneficial for both new employers looking to build brand awareness and employers seeking deeper engagement opportunities with prospective candidates
Connect with your Recruitment Account Manager to discuss options for promoting an off-campus or multi-school event.