GMAT and GRE Scores Now Optional – Application Now Open | Learn More >>
Change the trajectory of your future and join the MS Business Analytics for Working Professionals program.
The MSBA-WP Application is Open!
Gain an in-depth understanding of how to harness Big Data and use it to develop effective business practices and strategies by joining the MSBA-WP program! Apply by 11:59 p.m. CT on each round deadline to be considered. There are three steps for a completed application. Click the View Steps to Apply button below or continue scrolling for more details.
Oct 11, 2023
Jan 10, 2024
Mar 6, 2024
- April 10, 2024
Please review the dates and deadlines below to ensure your application is reviewed. Texas McCombs MS Programs have four rounds of decisions. We encourage you to apply as early as you are able, as later rounds are filled on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
|Step 1 Due
|October 11, 2023
|January 10, 2024
|March 6, 2024
|April 10, 2024
|Steps 2-3 Due
|October 21, 2023
|January 20, 2024
|March 16, 2024
|April 20, 2024
|December 6, 2023
|March 6, 2024
|May 1, 2024
|May 10, 2024**
*Decisions May Be Released Sooner
**The first required, in-person immersive session for MSBA-WP Class of 2026 will be held May 30 - June 1, 2024.
Step 1: Complete McCombs Electronic Application
Below is a description of each component of the McCombs application for admission that can be completed online. After reading through the information, start your application.
Review Program Readiness
To ensure you have the required coursework and meet the program requirements, view the MSBA-WP program readiness section.
As a reminder, the MSBA-WP program does not offer student visas and does not qualify for OPT.
Personal & Family Information
- Please make sure you use an email and mailing address that you will be able to access throughout the entire admissions process. Some university email addresses expire, and you may miss important communications.
- Information on your family's education background will be used for some scholarship considerations.
- GRE/GMAT scores are optional for all applicants. If you choose to self-report GRE/GMAT scores, you must upload a copy of your official score report.
- If you have questions about whether or not to submit GRE or GMAT scores as a part of our application portfolio, check out our blog.
- You will be required to list your high school along with all higher education institutions attended.
- Please be prepared to upload individual transcripts from all higher education institutions attended (unless you have a transcript that lists all institutions attended).
- The admissions committee reviews transcripts to ensure students meet the technical, quantitative, and qualitative coursework required by all programs. However, some university course titles are not immediately recognizable as such. As coursework titles vary from institution to institution, this section will help the admissions committee to better understand the coursework on your transcript.
- Example: A course titled “Modern Mathematics” is not immediately recognizable as linear algebra or calculus.
Here, we ask for you to list post-baccalaureate full-time employers, including service in the armed forces. If you are a current undergraduate student, please list any relevant internships.
MSBA-WP Application Essay Questions
Each program requires multiple written essays to gauge your interest and abilities for admission. If you are planning on applying to more than one MS program, please refer to those program-specific pages to look at the prompts required for each one. Below are the MSBA-WP program-specific essay questions.
- Why is the MSBA-WP program the next logical step for you? How do you hope to develop, both personally and professionally, during this one-year program? (Required - 500 words maximum)
- Imagine that you are in a job interview. The interviewer asks you to describe a time that you have had to solve a problem, and what the results were. How would you answer? (Required - 500 words maximum)
- Please provide any additional information that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that the Admissions Committee may encounter when considering your application. (Optional - 500 words maximum)
Letters of Recommendation
Each program requires multiple letters of recommendation. MSBA-WP requires two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Letters should come from either professors or professionals with whom you have worked.
- One (1) letter should come from a professor or academic connection at minimum.
- If you have completed your undergraduate degree more than three years ago, it may be appropriate to have your letters come exclusively from professional recommendations. Reach out to our admissions team if you have questions.
- Please do not submit personal/family recommendations.
Questions on Step 1
If you have questions on any items in Step 1, contact TexasMSBA@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Please do not move onto Step 2 if you have any questions regarding the completion of items listed in Step 1.
Step 2: Complete Graduate School Checklist
Complete your UT Austin Graduate School checklist for admission through the MyStatus webpage.
Pay Required Fee
- Your application fee invoice will be available 1-to-3 business days after application submission. Please plan accordingly.
- The application fee is $65 for domestic applicants and U.S. permanent residents.
- MS Programs does not manage fee waivers or eligibility; that is through our Office of Graduate Admissions. Please visit here for information on fee waivers.
- GRE/GMAT scores are optional, but if you choose to submit a GRE or GMAT score, you must request that the official scores be sent to UT Austin.
- UT Austin’s institutional code for the GRE is 6882. We do not require you to enter a department code when reporting your score. You may enter any department code in your score request, as all scores will route through to the Graduate School.
- UT Austin’s institutional codes for the GMAT are:
- MSBA: 396-44-73
- MSF: 396-44-78
- MSITM: 396-44-30
- MSM: 396-44-93
- Provide an official transcript from every senior college that you have attended, which includes undergraduate and graduate degrees. Even if courses taken at one institution are recorded on another college's transcript, transcripts must be submitted from the institution at which the courses were taken. Failure to list all colleges on the application and provide those transcripts will be considered an intentional omission and may lead to the cancellation of your application for admission or withdrawal of your offer of admission. If your transcripts are in a foreign language, they must be translated into English.
- If you are a current student or graduate of UT Austin, please do not upload your UT Austin transcript in MyStatus. Instead, the Graduate School will charge you a $20 UT transcript fee and will access your transcript. If you attended any other institutions before or after UT Austin, you will still be required to upload those official transcripts.
Questions on Step 2
If you have questions or need assistance on any items in Step 2, contact the UT Austin graduate school directly on their website.
Step 3: Complete Video Assessment
Complete your Texas McCombs MS Video Assessment through the Kira Talent platform.
Invitation to McCombs MS Video Assessment
Applicants will be sent a link within 24 hours of paying the application fee. The video assessment will be run through Kira Talent’s platform.
McCombs MS Video Assessment Details
- All applicants will have 7 days to complete the assessment upon receiving access to the video submission platform. The number of questions asked depends on the program(s) you applied to and will take no more than 30 minutes to complete. Applicants will be allowed to practice before submitting their video assessment and will have 1-2 minutes to answer each prompt.
- If you are applying to more than one Master of Science program, you must complete a video assessment for each program.
- For more information on the video assessment, check out our blog.
Questions on Step 3
If you have questions on any items in Step 3, contact TexasMSBA@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Monitor Your Application Status
After completing Steps 1 - 3, you can monitor your status for admission online.
How You’ll Hear from McCombs
- Once the admissions committee has reviewed applications and interviewed selected
applicants, we will begin sending decisions. You will receive an email from the
program regarding your decision status.
- You can track your application status through MyStatus with the Graduate School.
- You can track your application through the McCombs Application.
When You’ll Hear from McCombs
- You will receive a decision 6-8 weeks after the posted application deadlines.
- We cannot expedite the decision timeline. Thank you in advance for your
patience and understanding.
What You’ll Hear from McCombs
- The majority of students will hear a final decision on whether or not they are admitted
into their program(s) during the round in which they applied.
- The Texas McCombs MS Programs receive many applications from highly qualified
applicants throughout the year. Therefore, some applicants are placed on our
waitlist. The waitlist is not a final decision.
- Your decision email will include your next steps and how to prepare for your time on
Questions on Step 4
If you have questions on any items in Step 4, contact TexasMSBA@mccombs.utexas.edu.