Titans of Investing
The application for Titans 11 (Spring 2023) is now open. Please see below for course and application information.
For the Spring 2023 semester, we will again be offering the finance elective, FIN 397 - Titans of Investing on Wednesdays, 4 - 6:30 P.M. taught by Britt Harris.
This is an application-based course, and the application submission deadline is 11:55 P.M. on Monday, November 7, 2022.
The class uses a Junto model, which is designed as a society for mutual self-improvement populated by high capacity people who "do well by doing good." This concept was first employed by Ben Franklin.
The class meets once per week for two hours to discuss key "big picture" issues in investing, finance and life using Classic Briefs written and updated by Titans. Classic Briefs are summaries of historical/classic writings that must be less than 10 pages and communicate the book's key message in a clear and interesting way.
- Week One: Titans meet alone and discuss the material among themselves:
- Preparing a summary of their key lessons as well as their particular questions and observations.
- Update various global portfolios that they are required to manage.
- Prepare a market report on investment results and key market factors.
- Week Two: Britt Harris meets with the Titan group to receive their portfolio review, market updates, and key lessons on that week's material. Harris then presents the lesson directly.
- Following each class led by Harris, the Titans are taken to dinner at a location of their choice. The purpose is to create lifelong friendships.
- Classic readings are taken from a proprietary list of books that are all nominated by 80 leading CIOs, investors CEOs, top academics, and top economists each semester.
- As the class progresses the Titans take on incrementally more responsibility for their own teaching.
The class will be comprised of a mix of MBA, MSF, and BBA students (~20 students total).
Titans 11 Application - Spring 2023
The application for T11 - Spring 2023 is now open. Access the application here. In addition to the submission instructions on the application, please review the requirements below.
Additional Requirements for Consideration:
- Attend final Titans 10 class on November 30, 2022 from 4 - 6:45 P.M. with guest speaker in listen-only mode (only Titans 10 will ask questions), followed by a Zoom breakout session at approximately 7 P.M. with one or two Titan alumni as meeting hosts.
- During this conversation via Zoom, candidates can learn more about the class and ask any questions; there will be approximately four to eight applicants per Zoom session.
- The session will be approximately 45 minutes long and attendance is required to be considered for Titans 11.
For application information, please contact Juana Hardwick.