Strategic Decision & Risk Management Certificate
The right decision for success.
Certificate OverviewSuccessful decision-making processes are not intuitive. To make good decisions under pressure you need a structured framework. You must clarify the problem, explore available options, understand the impact, and commit to your choice with confidence. Learn techniques to recognize risks from stakeholders’ perspectives and nominatively generate better alternatives leading to higher-quality decisions.
- Incorporate a broader, more comprehensive body of knowledge and achieve in-depth expertise in executive leadership techniques
- Interact with professionals from a wide range of leading companies
- Expand your knowledge in topics directly related to your career and enhance your business acumen
- Become a better communicator and effectively manage challenges in your career, organization, and industry
- 6 credits are required to complete the certificate
- Participants must take both of the required classes, a minimum of 2 of Core classes, and a maximum of 2 Elective credits from the catalog
- Decision Quality must be taken before Leading Strategic Decision Making and Multi-Party Decision Quality: Collaboration & Competition
- Classes may be taken in any order, and participants have three years to complete the requirements
- All one through five-day courses in this brochure may be used to fulfill the electives of this certificate
Both of the following classes are required for this certificate.
*Decision Quality must be taken before Leading Strategic Decision Making
Select at least 2 of the Core Classes.
- Decision and Risk Analysis
- Human Biases In Decision Making Avoiding The Traps
- Negotiation And Collaborative Decision Making
- Modeling And Analytics For Strategic Insight
- Multi-Party Decision Quality: Collaboration & Competition in Decision-Making
- Decision Quality must be taken before Multi-Party Decision Quality: Collaboration & Competition in Decision-Making
- Scenarios and Forecasting Planning For Uncertainty
Decision Quality must be taken before Leading Strategic Decision Making and Multi-Party Decision Quality: Collaboration & Competition in Decision-Making.
It is recommended that attendees have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of work experience.
How To Enroll
This program does not require a separate registration. Every time you complete one of our courses, you'll earn credits towards one or more certificate. When you've earned enough credits you will automatically be awarded the appropriate certificate. You can always check your progress on our online participant portal.
The professors were very insightful and had personal experience with actual business applications, ensuring we understood both the theoretical foundation for the concepts, as well as practically how to apply them.
Get the Brochure
Learn more about offerings for the Strategic Decision and Risk Management certificate.
This certificate is appropriate for a variety of professionals across verticals. Whether you work for a global corporation or a small business, we can help.
- Decision-makers and those in decision-making and risk-management positions within their organization
- Previous participants have represented companies including: Apple, Chevron, Cisco, ExxonMobil, Facebook, Genentech, Google, Intel, LinkedIn, NASA, Pfizer, Shell, Visa, and Walt Disney
Why Take These Classes?
Reimbursement OptionsLearn more about course credits and options for course reimbursement. Get tips on the best way to approach your manager and download a customizable template to facilitate making the ask.
Who Teaches in the SDRM Program?
Learn about this course’s unique marriage between practitioner and academics.
In Partnership with Strategic Decisions Group
The Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate courses offered by Texas Executive Education combine The University of Texas at Austin’s academic and research depth with the decision and risk management expertise and track record of Strategic Decisions Group (SDG).
Strategic Decisions Group (SDG) is a global consulting firm with expertise in strategic decision making, risk management and shareholder value creation. SDG’s collaborative approach helps clients find innovative strategies for today while helping them build decision competency for the future.
The Danger of Mental Shortcuts: How Biases Can Sabotage DecisionsThe human intellect is extremely powerful and capable. But our minds have evolved with biases that work against good judgment and decision making.
Decision Quality: Strategic Decision Making Through Framing & AlternativesFraming and finding alternatives are two key links in the decision quality chain are necessary for determining if a decision is good or not.
Two Thinking Caps: Divergent and Convergent ThoughtUse these thought techniques with your team as part of the creative process to generate more ideas and find optimal solutions to problems.