BRING YOUR PASSION FOR IMPACT
The Texas Sustainability Innovation Challenge (TSIC) is your chance to join the next generation of innovators to create sustainable, world-changing startups. Let your entrepreneurship pave the path for a better tomorrow!
AN INTRODUCTION TO TSIC
View this video to learn more
BE A CHANGEMAKER
TSIC is a deep-dive competition and workshop series that will help you strengthen your knowledge and skills in sustainable impact, encourage you to develop a social or environmental business, and open the door to a community of changemakers.
The Global Sustainability Leadership Institute gives students the chance to create a new business concept, build a business plan and team, and pitch for cash to pursue the idea further. $10,000+ is available at the UT Austin competition and another $75,000 for the winners through the Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge.
UT Austin teams won 1st place at the Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge in 2022 and 2nd place in 2021! Read more on our incredible teams, Gazelle and Big & Mini, below:
PROGRAM DETAILS AND ELIGIBILITY
- This competition is an outlet for those interested in social and environmental innovation. You can join as an individual or a team. You do NOT have to have a venture or an idea already, but you are welcome to apply if you do!
- The Global Sustainability Leadership Institue is providing FREE social entrepreneurship curriculum and workshops to participants! If you sign up, you will access online modules, workshops, and socials with students from across campus.
- Register here by January 23 for full access to our workshops! Register here.
- The 2022 pitch competition will be April 23rd and 24th. However, participants will have two internal milestones to meet in the spring to prepare for the competition.
- The top two teams from TSIC will attend the Fowler Global Social Innovation Challenge in June 2022 for a chance to win $50,000 in funding!
- Build a community of socially and environmentally conscious innovators
- Develop ubiquitous skills such as systems thinking, impact measurement, and pitching
- Support students’ career exploration through experiential learning and mentorship
- Break down campus departmental silos and support interdisciplinary entrepreneurship
- Must have at least one UT-Austin student on the company’s founding team.
- Must register by 1/23/2022 and attend at least one Spring workshop.
- Must complete Spring quarter-final submission requirements:
- 2/1/2022: Systems infographic (challenge, existing solutions, gaps); Summary of problem and system surrounding it (5 pages)
- 3/28/2022: Business canvas and summary; 2-minute pitch video
- Top teams selected to move to live 10-minute pitches 4/23 and 4/24
- Deliverable examples on the FGSIC website and Canvas
Project Xylem TeamNikita Patil and Shiva Bhakta
Gazelle TeamMihir Bendre, Dr. Thoralf Meyer (not UT student), Siddharth Thakur, Ben Breed, Amod Daherkar
Patina TeamCalvin Hines
cherryish yourself TeamSer Lee
Cross for Paws TeamChloe Capodagli
WellWorks cc TeamJonathan Charles and Jonathan Holstein