McCombs Scholars Program
The McCombs School of Business has long awarded scholarships to help students who have demonstrated excellence at the college level.
About the McCombs Scholars Program
The McCombs School of Business has long awarded scholarships to help students who have demonstrated excellence at the college level. Each incoming class numbers some 950 talented freshmen. Unfortunately, McCombs can only award 5% of these students’ scholarship packages.
Jay Hartzell, former Dean of the McCombs School, made it a top priority to remedy this problem. With his support, we set a goal to establish a community of scholars built on a tiered McCombs Scholars Program, meant to complement the existing Forty Acres Scholars Program. Long-term, this ambitious initiative seeks to equip the McCombs School with 375 total merit-based scholarships—enough to ensure that the very brightest young minds in business have every reason to call the McCombs School home. We hope you will join us in contributing to this important effort.
Forty Acres Scholarship: $850,000
- Funding provides for tuition and fees, housing and food, living stipend, books, summer enrichment activities, including a service-learning experience, study abroad, and internships tailored for each individual student
- Awarded to students who possess extraordinary intellectual qualities and the capacity to motivate and lead fellow students
McCombs Endowed President's Scholarship: $300k+
- Currently provides full tuition and fees
- Awarded to students who have exhibited exceptional potential for academic, professional, and ethical leadership
McCombs Endowed Dean's Scholarship: $125,000 - $349,999
- Currently provides up to half tuition and fees
- Awarded to students who have exhibited high potential for academic, professional, and ethical leadership
“As a McCombs Scholars Program scholarship recipient, I speak from experience when I say that gifts like these made my college decision easier. My scholarship helps me focus on what matters most during my time on the Forty Acres. Because of you, I can proudly say I will receive an education from one of the top business schools in the nation. Hook ‘em Horns!”
William O. Acheampong
2019 John L. Adams Scholar of the Year
McCombs Scholars Program President’s Level Scholarship Recipient
Canfield Business Honors, Humanities Honors, 2021