Apply While You're An Undergrad at UT
Current UT Austin undergraduate students can apply using the MS Bridge Program admissions option for all four full-time Master of Science programs.
Bridge Applications Open This Fall.
Apply during your junior year, and apply early to meet the deadlines.
Round 1: October 17, 2022
Round 2: January 9, 2023
Round 3: March 27, 2023
Round 4: May 15, 2023
Apply to MSITM in the Spring.
Learn About the MS Bridge Program
The MS Bridge Program offers students the opportunity to start graduate courses during their undergraduate program.
MS Bridge Student Benefits
Admission as a Bridge Student is highly competitive but includes a number of benefits, including:
- Admission after junior year of undergraduate degree
- MS degree coursework during the summer after junior year
- Time for internship upon completing bachelor's degree
- Access to McCombs' Career Management after successful completion of summer coursework
- GRE/GMAT score waiver with qualifying cumulative GPA
- MS Bridge courses taken while an undergraduate student are offered through University Extension and are not financial aid-eligible
- Students enrolled through University Extension do not have access to some University services, including but not limited to UHS, CMHC, and RecSports. Students can arrange for services at an additional cost by contacting each respective office
Our MSITM applicant pool for the Bridge Program is highly competitive. Students may be required to submit test scores at the request of the admissions committee depending on GPA and strength of additional application materials. We will not review incomplete or late applications.
Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- University of Texas at Austin Junior-level standing
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- University coursework or professional experience in computer programming and database is required; major, minor, or certificate in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is preferred
No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply.
What to Expect if You're Accepted into the MS Bridge Program
If accepted into the program, here are a few details about what the summer between your junior and senior year would look like:
- July: Intensive Week - dates will be provided to admitted applicants
- 2-3 summer classes running Monday-Thursday
- Career Development events on Fridays
Cohort Access and Networking
As a Bridge Student, you have the opportunity to network with two different groups of MS Program students. You'll learn with some of the best and brightest in the field and make connections that will last into your professional career.
You will have access to our MS Programs-specific career coaches and can set up meetings to discuss your future career path. Career coaches can help with resume review, goal setting, and career strategies to secure an internship following your senior year.
Earn Two Degrees in Five Years on the Forty Acres
The Bridge admissions option is exclusively open to UT Austin undergraduate students in any major.
Questions? Email one of our programs: