Great leaders understand the importance of developing a global perspective on business. So do we. And that’s why we strive to connect you directly to ideas and business practices from around the world.
McCombs Adventure ProgramThe McCombs Adventure Program (MAP) is a pre-Orientation adventure and service learning trip to support the needs of micro-businesses in rural communities in Latin America.
Global Connections Study ToursYou'll have the option to participate in a Global Connections Study Tour as one of your spring semester electives. In class you'll learn about the business and culture of a particular country or region, followed by a 1-2 week in-country experience. Recent Global Connections destinations include Argentina, Chile, China, India, Italy, South Africa, South Korea, and Southeast Asia.
Leadership Development in PatagoniaIn partnership NOLS, the McCombs Leadership Development Course in Patagonia provides the opportunity to practice leadership skills in an ambiguous environment and gain feedback to achieve success as a leader. The program features on-campus classroom sessions in Austin, followed by a field component in Patagonia, Chile.
Partner School Programs
Full-Time MBA students at Texas McCombs have the opportunity to participate in various international exchange programs at foreign partner institutions.
Short-Term Exchange Programs (STEP)
Short-Term Exchange Programs (STEP) are 7 to 10-day programs offered to McCombs students by partner institutions, focused on a specific industry or business topic. Recent STEP programs have included:
- ESG, Sustainable & Impact Investments at Copenhagen Business School
- Regenerative Sustainability at Copenhagen Business School
- Digital Business at Aalto University in Helsinki, Finland
- Energy Economics at University of Cologne
- Mobility & Automotive Industry at University of Cologne
- Innovation Management at WU University of Economics and Business in Vienna, Austria
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Tel Aviv University
Semester Abroad Exchange Programs
Spend a semester abroad during your 2nd year in the Full-Time MBA program. Semester exchange seats are awarded through an application process and are available for McCombs students at the following partner institutions:
- SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan
- Copenhagen Business School
- Cape Town Graduate School of Business
- ESADE in Barcelona
- HEC Paris
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- McGill University in Montreal
- National University of Singapore
- Stockholm School of Economics
- Universidad de San Andres in Buenos Aires
- University of Edinburgh
- University of St. Gallen
- Warwick Business School
- WHU in Dusseldorf
Double Degree Programs
Through the Texas McCombs MBA Double Degree Program, you have the unique opportunity to maximize your international education through in-depth learning, exploration, and application of business concepts in a global context. Full-Time MBA students may apply to the Double Degree program during the 1st year and go abroad during the 2nd year. Double Degree candidates gain a competitive edge in global business by earning two advanced degrees: an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin and an MBA (or equivalent) from select partner institutions in Asia, Europe, Mexico, or South America.